EVERY TYPE OF FACE MASK
CHEN TENG on FEBRUARY 26, 2020
Face masks provide us the ultimate ‘Treat Yo’Self’ moment. They allow us a short time to pamper ourselves and to soothe any skin concerns we may have. However, with so many different types of face masks on the market these days, how do we know which masks to use and which ones are best for our varying skin types? Well, we are here to help! Beaut Chat is here to present your ultimate guide, Face Masks 101.
Probably the most well known type of mask, the sheet mask is truly the universal mask. This is because depending on the formula of the mask, it can be made to suit anyone and address our skin’s individual concerns. A helpful tip to maximize the forumla’s effects from the mask is to keep them cool by storing them in the fridge. Not only does this help increase the mask’s shelf life, but putting on a cold face mask also helps stimulate the blood circulation in your face and reduce facial puffiness.
01. JM Solution Mask Sheet Trial Set * 9 sheets
02. TOSOWOONG Pure Mask Pack 12pcs (2ea of each types)
03. Dr.Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution Mask Sheet 5ea
04. ETUDE HOUSE 0.2 Therapy Air Mask 20ml * 3ea
05. innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask 20ml * 3ea
06. Secriss Pure Nature Mask Pack 10Sheets (1ea of each types)
Cream masks generally contain high amounts of oils and varying moisturizing agents. They are typically packed with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, AHAs, BHAs, and essential oils. This makes cream masks ideal for anyone with normal or dry skin. They are also advised for individuals who have more mature skin.
01. BONAJOUR Mugwort Cream Calming Mask 55g
02. innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Cream Mask 60ml
03. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Glutinous Mask 80% Snail cream 100ml
Gel masks are known to be light-weight and very hydrating. The ingredients are normally quite gentle and absorb quickly into the skin. Gel masks are also popular for having an associated cooling or soothing sensation, making them very desirable during the hotter seasons. They can be found infused with ingredients such as cucumber, collagen, rose, aloe and more. They are especially suitable for those with dry or sensitive skin.
01. the SAEM Gem Miracle Black Pearl O2 Bubble Mask 105g /
02. Isntree Real Rose Calming Mask 100ml
03. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Vitamin C 21% Ample Mask 100ml
Clay masks are composed of restorative clay, mud, or charcoal that aid in detoxifying your skin. Activated charcoal is a common ingredient found in this type of mask which rids our skin of any impurities and provides a deeper cleanse. They are great for anyone with oily or acne-prone skin.
01. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask 100g
02. innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 2X 100m
03. SKIN&LAB Pink Clay Facial Mask 100ml
Photo by Nina P on Reshot
Peel off masks may seem like a marketing ploy at times, but they do more than just give a satisfying post-peeling feeling. They are one of the cleanest masks in that no wash off is required. Depending on the ingredients, the masks can provide mild exfoliation to help remove dead skin and oils from pores or to help brighten and nourish the skin. They are beneficial for those with oily/acne prone or dry skin.
01. PUREDERM Luxury Therapy Gold Peel-Off Mask 100g
02. touch in SOL Mission Complete Mild Scrub & Peeling Black Gel Mask 120ml
03. PUREDERM Galaxy Peel-Off Mask 10g
Exfoliating masks are as the name suggests. They are the perfect way to slough off all that dead skin your face accumulates during your daily grind. These masks rid us of any deep-seeded impurities in our pores by using hydroxy acids or fruit enzymes. After its use most find their skin to be not only much softer, but to also be a lot brighter looking as well. Depending on the ingredients these masks are applicable for all skin types but those with very sensitive skin or overly dry skin should take care when applying as it may irritate your individual skin type.
In my opinion, these are the easiest face masks to use out of them all. These water-based masks are the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it moment. Applied in your night-time routine, the mask works throughout the night to hydrate and moisturize so your skin becomes rejuvenated the next morning. Sleep masks are the best way to give your skin that additional boost of moisture after a long day. These masks are especially good for those with aging or dry skin.